Android Recovery Screenshot
Screenshot is a best tool to give a direction for novices. We had used it to demostrate lots ways to flash our Android devices into custom ROM. In current state, Android SDK tools provide lots way to take a screenshot at normal Android mode but not Recovery mode. And there is no easy way to take a screenshot at Recovery mode.
To make it, John Hu had searched few topics and found the following url:
That's a nice tool to take a screenshot at Recovery mode and it works pretty good. But it only has Windows version. That's too bad becase John Hu doesn't have any Windows box. So, John Hu created a porting of Mac OS X and Linux. You may find the source and executable files at
To run it, we may need to do the following thing:
- download the code
- reboot your device into recovery mode
- plug-in USB cable
- run "screenshot_run_me.sh" or "screenshot_run_me.bat"
- find your screenshot file at the folder
For TWRP, we may need to wait few second after it entered the recovery mode. Or you may use "adb devices" to check if the device is already connected with your computer.
A screenshot example can be found at:
- The custom recovery is needed because we need root authority to mount the partition
- Pleae run the script at the folder it is.